Sales development is managed by sales executives and managers in the organization. Sales development team can be defined as specific group that emphasizes to increase the sales of products by using various techniques like establishing appointments and demonstrations of products and services in front of consumers (Krishnan, Peterson and Groza, 2015). It is necessary task for corporations to gain better market share and profit at national and international markets. Cadbury is a multinational company which provides optimistic food products like chocolates, biscuits and beverages to customers in United kingdom (Nour, Sumita and Yoshii, 2015). The present report defines the key components of products and importance of product mixes to increase the sales of company in market. It introduces various aspects which affect buyer behaviour. It represents the concept of external merchandising to enhance the customer volume. Further, it describes different promotional activities as per various scenarios. In addition to this, it defines evaluation of personal selling techniques. It introduces the key principles which is included sales training programme.
1.1 Key components of products
There are may key elements of products in the Cadbury which helps to sell its various type of products in market :
- Core benefits- Core benefits are provided by products to customers. Management of Cadbury also offers many benefits through its products like chocolates, biscuits and beverages. For example, Cadbury chocolates are helpful to reduce the stress of humans due to existence of cocoa element in the products. This thing provides reliability to reduce the tension of person in the mind. Further, it also gives effective leisure and experience to people.
- Actual product- Core benefits is provided by components which contribute effective role to make actual products in the firm. For example, customers purchases many consumed items from retail market (Krishnan, Peterson and Groza, 2015). For example, Biscuits of Cadbury is also consumable product but they are also packaged in paper which is used for safety of consumable products in order to deliver consumers in a right manner. So People consumes only biscuits not whole rapper.
- Augmented product- Management of Cadbury focuses on those products which contain high market values and releasing highest market revenues in the nation. Company has many products which is created highest profit by selling many products to customers. For example, Cadbury sales highest chocolates as comparison of other Food manufacturing companies in the UK (Nour, Sumita and Yoshii, 2015). So management of firm also provides effective services to attract the consumers in the market. Mainly, Cadbury also offers proper guarantee, additional facilities and complementary products to customer in order to increase selling of chocolates in UK .It also contribute effective role to increase trust in customers regarding products which helps to increase the profit of Cadbury in FMCG (Fast moving consumer goods) market.
Facing Problem Writing dissertation
- Premium Quality Papers
- Plagiarism Free Content.
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Certified and Experienced Writers
- 24/7 Customer Support
1.2 Importance of product mix to increase the sales and profit.
Product mix plays important role to increase sales and profit of the company in the nation. It is described below the paragraph.
- Customer needs- Product mix contribute effective role for firm to fulfil the needs of consumers in the nation. It oblige the management of Cadbury to know about the requirement of customers by conducting appropriate market research in UK. As per demand, organization makes products to sell in the market. These things play important role to increase the income and sales of Cadbury in the FMCG market.
- Market image- Product mix helps the firm to increase its market image front of consumers by selling appropriate quality products in United Kingdom. It contribute effective role for Cadbury to increase the more trust in the customers towards products as compare to other commodities of rivals firms in the United Kingdom. In addition to this, In addition to this, company provides new offers like discounts and providing additional quantity in same price different products which helps Cadbury to improve its market image in the market.(Nour, Sumita and Yoshii, 2015).
- Focus- Product mix plays important role to develop new strategies in order to increase sales and profit of the company in the FMCG market. Further, it also helps the Cadbury to find out its weakness to improve them which contribute effective role to take better competitive advantages in the nation. This way company can earn better income.
- Inventory Management- Product mix aids the management of Cadbury to manage the inventory of various products like chocolates, biscuits as well as beverages in the warehouse. As per strategy, it provides appropriate guidance to the firm in order to manage and store certain quantity of different products in the warehouse which helps to increase sales of profit of Cadbury.
1.3 Importance of market segmentation to maximise the sales.
Market segmentation plays important role to increase sales of Cadbury in the market. Knowledge of segmentation provides effective reliability for firm to develop strategies by dividing the consumers on the basis of age, income, gender as well as geography in order to maximise the sales of its products in the nation. Further, segmentation also gives right information to Cadbury for targeting the right customers which helps to increase its market share in the market of United Kingdom. As per the consumers strategies, it also provides right guidance to make promotional strategies which contribute effective role to create appropriate awareness regarding various products of Cadbury like like biscuits and chocolates in the market (Nour, Sumita and Yoshii, 2015). In addition to this, it helps in increasing the sales of organizational commodities in the market. Further, segmentation also aids in developing product differentiation strategies for organization. It plays important role to lure more consumers towards the company. These approaches increase revenues of Cadbury in market of United Kingdom. Further, segmentation also helps the management of organization to increase its market efficiency and performance which plays important role to increase market image and growth in the FMCG market. These techniques also help the Cadbury to increase sales in its sector.
2.1 Explaining the factors which affect buyer behaviour
There are many factors which impact buyer behaviour. It also affect the sales of Cadbury in the nation.
- Cultural factors- cultural factors are deeply impacted by buyer culture, social class and sub culture. In the culture part, it differs as per different countries in the world. So sales managers of Cadbury should have knowledge regarding different regions which provides reliability to develop products as per consumer demands. In addition to this, sub culture consists many things like religions, geographic regions, citizenship and racial groups. This aspect contribute effective role for management of Cadbury to design the product as per the needs of customers in the nation (Nour, Sumita and Yoshii, 2015). For example, customer purchase any kind of products as per their social status in the nation. So marketers of Cadbury should design and manufacture the chocolates and other biscuits as per social class of people in United Kingdom (Factors influencing consumer behavior, 2016).
- Social factors- Social aspects affect buyer behaviour through references and family. Further, references of friends, colleagues and relatives create effect on the buyer behaviour in United Kingdom. In addition to this, family members also effect purchasing nature of consumers through giving suggestion regarding products of Cadbury in the nation. For example, family members of consumers suggest them to purchase various products which creates positive impact on the selling company products in the market. Marketers of Cadbury should have information regarding all people which affect the consumer behaviour (Krishnan, Peterson and Groza, 2015).
- Personal factors- Personal aspects like age, occupation, economic situation, lifestyle and personality also create impact on buying nature of customer. So markets of Cadbury should have information about all aspects to make appropriate products in the nation. For example, Old age people does not like FMCG products as comparison of youngsters in UK. These thing helps the firm to make product as per condition of consumers in the nation.
2.2 Assessment of advertising media that could be used for sales development situations
Management of Cadbury can use all advertising media like social media, television and newspapers for effective sales development in the market.
- Social media- Management of organization can use social medial (You tube, Face book and Twitter) in order to increase sales activities in United Kingdom. With help of this advertising strategy, Cadbury can target maximum young people in the nation. In addition to this, social media can play important role to create effective awareness regarding products in the mind of consumers. As a result, Cadbury can increase its portfolio of young customers in Britain (Nour, Sumita and Yoshii, 2015).
- Television- Management of firm can also use television to launch its new products. This process can help the Cadbury to increase its sales in the nation. This advertising strategy can contribute effective role for firm to target all kind of people like old, young as well as children in the country. This way, organization can promote its new and existing products in a appropriate manner in the market (Johnston, and Marshall, 2013).
- Newspapers- Cadbury can use newspapers to promote its products in United Kingdom. With help of this strategy, organization can target all type consumers which can help to increase its sales in the market. In addition to this, management of firm can earn better revenues and profit by using this strategy in United Kingdom.
2.3 Role of external merchandising to maximise the customer volumes
External merchandising of company plays important role to maximise the customer volumes in United Kingdom. It is stated below the paragraph.
External merchandising also helps the Cadbury to promote its products by using attractive pricing, special offers as well as free sampling in the market. As per Yoshii (2015), appropriate cost of products help to create effective awareness on the consumers regarding all commodities like biscuits and beverages (Yoshii, 2015). In addition to this, it oblige the many consumers to use product at least once. Attractive pricing contribute effective role for company to increase its customer volume which helps to generate its more profit in the nation.
According to Johnston and Marshall (2013), Special offers like discounts and additional quantity also attract the consumers to purchase more products in the market. Further, this process helps the Cadbury to increase customers stack by taking less price from actual cost. In addition to this, free sampling contribute effective role for the organization to maximise the customers volumes in United Kingdom (Johnston and Marshall, 2013). It gives practical experience to the many customers regarding product. It also helps the firm to know the perception of people in respect of new commodities in the nation. In addition to this, it contribute effective role for Cadbury to improve products before launching in the market.
3.1 Impact of design and layout on customer spending
Design and layout of Cadbury plays important role on customer spending in the nation. It creates positive impact on the organization. Corporation uses various strategies such as optimistic quality, effective packaging as well as proper services to its consumers in the market. Proper infrastructure of company provides huge reliability to its employees for developing appropriate strategies for new product development (Krishnan, Peterson and Groza, 2015).. It provides proper resources to staff members to manage their operations in the area. This process also helps firm the to increase customer spending in the market. In addition to this, Cadbury also maintain effective quality during the development various products in the plant. Management of organization use quality tools like total quality management which provide huge reliability to improve quality of commodities. This aspect also oblige the customers to enhance customers spending on the Cadbury products by more purchasing in the market. Further, it uses effective packaging method which attract the many children and young people to buy products of company in the nation. This thing contribute effective role to increase the customers spending on the firm product in the market. A part from that, management of Cadbury provides effective services to its dealers in United Kingdom (Johnston, and Marshall, 2013). It also suggest their whole sellers to maintain proper infrastructure in order to attract more consumers which help to enhance their selling in the market. In addition to this, management of Cadbury also solve queries of their dealers in order to make effective trust which help to increase the its profit. This process plays important role for firm to increase customer spendings on the products of Cadbury in the market.
DISSERTATION HELP UK
Acquiring Degree With Honors Is Now Made Easy
- Premium Writing Services at Affordable Prices
- Buy Custom-Written Dissertation Samples Online
- Help from UK’s most Trusted Academic Experts
3.2 Evaluation the effectiveness of Internal merchandising material
Internal merchandising material plays important role to improve effectiveness of company in order to increase its sales in the market. It is represented below the paragraph.
Internal merchandising also promote the products of Cadbury by utilizing its various types posters, templates and banners of in the retail shop. As per Cotter, and Fritzsche, (2014), This thing also creates effective awareness regarding various type of products like biscuits and beverages on the consumers (Cotter, and Fritzsche, 2014). It oblige the many customers to check products at least one after purchasing them from shop. In addition to this, retailers also take review in respect of new commodity from consumer. Further, internal merchandising activities of Cadbury also provides huge help take information to which contribute effective role to improve products in the nation. As result, they increases customer volume of company which directly create positive effect to increase the sales (Johnston, and Marshall, 2013).
According to Plank, 2015, Retailers contribute effective role to solve queries of consumers. They also explains comparison between product of Cadbury and other commodities in order to increase customer stack (Plank, 2015). This approach provides huge reliability for customers to purchase products of company. In addition, this process also helps customers to solve their queries regarding products which creates optimistic effect to increase its sales by targeting more consumers in the market. It also contribute effective role for Cadbury to increase its revenues and profit by using these advertising strategies (Krishnan, Peterson and Groza, 2015).
Yoshii, 2015 has said that internal merchandising activities of organization collect the complaints of end customers in the market with contribution of retailers and main dealers which provides huge help to know the perception of its products in United Kingdom (Yoshii, 2015). In addition to this, they aid in modifying the mistake which are present in products of firm. They also helps the retailers to increase the frequency of consumers in the market. So these thing increases profit of Cadbury and other retailers in the nation (Wotruba, and Simpson, 2015).
3.3 Assess the different promotional activities as per different scenarios.
There are many different promotional activities as per different conditions of nation like normal, recession, high and lower demand. Management of Cadbury can select its promotional strategies as per their financial and other factors in the nation.
- Normal condition- According to Cotter, and Fritzsche, 2014, organization can use many promotional activities to promote its products in the market (Cotter and Fritzsche, 2014). For example, management of Cadbury can use optimistic promotional activities like social medial, newspapers as well as online advertising in the nation. This process helps in promoting its products of Cadbury in the market. In addition to this, it aids in saving huge expenses of company in United Kingdom. It contribute effective role to enhance the sales of firm products in the nation. Other wise, organization can spend huge money on these activities which can increase efforts for employees in the market (Johnston, and Marshall, 2013).
- Recession- As per Plank, 2015, organization has to manage its promotional activities in order to avoid more expenses in the recession (Plank, 2015). For example, management of Cadbury can use newspapers, online advertising and magazines in the market. This approach can help to save monetary funds of company in United Kingdom.
- High demand- According to Yang and Zhao, 2014, management of organization can spend less money on the promotional activities in the nation (Yang and Zhao, 2014). For example, Cadbury can use television as well as social media to advertise new and present products in the market. This method can help the firm to gain higher profit in United Kingdom. However, If product does not liked by consumer then it creates loss for the company.
- Lower demand- In this situation, organization can use higher promotional activities to increase the consumer stack by creating more awareness regarding new and exiting products in the mind of consumer. For example, management of Cadbury can utilize television, social media, newspapers, radios, magazines as well as mail advertising to increase their sales in the nation. Some times, these efforts do not generate demand of company products due to high competition among rival companies which produces loss for firm (Johnston, and Marshall, 2013).
4.1 Evaluation of personal selling techniques
There are many personal selling techniques which can help to increase the sales of products in the nation.
- Door to door selling- According to Leigh and et.al, 2014, Management of Cadbury can make team of market representatives (MR) who can contact with every retailers in the city. In additional to this, with help of this method, MR can describe the its products to retailers in a appropriate manner. Door to door selling can help firm to increase its consumer stack in market. It can increase sales of its commodities (Leigh and et.al., 2014). However, it is very time consuming process for Cadbury. It can increase the expenditure organization in the nation (Krishnan, Peterson and Groza, 2015)..
- Telephonic selling- As per Anderson, 2012, telephonic selling is a better option to deal with old consumers in the market. This process can help to save time of Cadbury and its retailers in the nation (Anderson, 2012). Consumer can give its order list to MR through telephonic conversation. This approach can help the management of Cadbury to increase its sales of products in the nation. On the other side, it does not good for dealing with new consumers in the market because MR can not explain the features of its commodities.
- Selling products through Mail- Management of Cadbury can also find out mail id from its other resources. Then after, it can send mail to retailer ids with complete description of all products. In addition to this, it can solve queries of its consumer through chatting process. This approach can also enhance the selling of Cadbury products in the market. However, it does not provide proper communication regarding products which affect sales of company.
Have a look at our latest dissertation samples!
4.2 Explaining influence of operational design on sales revenues.
Operational design of Cadbury creates positive impact on sales revenues with help of various factors like managing proper supply chain and consumer feed back and complaints in United Kingdom. Some of them are explained as follows.
- Supply chain management- Management of Cadbury organize its supply chain in appropriate manner in the market. For example, they also fulfil demand of its retailers and dealers by managing their flow of goods. Organization also manages all activities like collection of raw material, processing of this material and final output. In addition to this, Cadbury delivers these materials in systematic way to its consumers by maintaining proper safety of them within given time period. This process also attract the its retailers and dealers to increase sales transactions which helps to raise sales revenues of Cadbury.
- Customer feedback and complaints- Management of corporation use Customer relationships management (CRM) to solve queries of retailers and dealers. This approach can contribute effective role to store all database of all consumer in the server of Cadbury. It provides huge reliability to Cadbury for managing all queries and complaints of consumers (Wotruba, and Simpson, 2015). This thing lure the more consumers to increase selling transactions in the market. In addition to this, consumer relationship management also helps in increasing sales revenues of firm in United Kingdom.
4.3 Describing the key principles that should be associated in sales training programme
There are many principles which should be included in sales training programme of Cadbury organization.
- Communication- Proper interaction should be added in Sales Training Programme (STP). It can help the Cadbury to improve communication skills of sales employees by providing proper coaching from certified institutions in the city. Further, it can help the staff members to explain the product features in better way which can help to increase sales of firm in United Kingdom.
- Product knowledge- Management of Cadbury should provides appropriate knowledge regarding all products by explaining all detail of products. This thing can help the employees to solve queries of consumers regarding commodities. Core information of commodities can increase sales of firm by satisfying all needs of customers. This way, Cadbury can increase its sales revenues in the market of United Kingdom.
- Proper Understanding- Organization should provide proper training of listening skills in order to understand the requirement of consumers. This process can effectively help the firm to sort out all problems of consumers. Cadbury can increase its sales which help to raise market share of its products in its sector (Krishnan, Peterson and Groza, 2015).
- Coordination- Cadbury should also include coordination principles to enhance sales of its products. This process can also contribute effective role among the sales employees which can help to cover all regions in the nation. With help of principles, firm can target more consumers as comparison of before in the market. As a result, management of Cadbury can increase its sales by covering maximum area in United Kingdom (Wotruba, and Simpson, 2015).
From the report, it is found that Core benefits , actual and augmented product helps the Cadbury organization to manage its operations. Segmentation also contribute effective role for firm to increase its sales in the market. Cultural, social and personal factors affect buying behaviour of consume in the market. Further, Social media, television and newspapers contribute effective role for Cadbury to increase sales of its products. In addition to this, various promotional activities also helps in to advertise the products in recession, normal, high and low demand situation in United Kingdom. It can be concluded that Communication and proper knowledge of products also helps in increasing sales of Cadbury products in the market.
- Books and Journals
- Anderson, N.G., 2012. Practical process research and development: a guide for organic chemists. Academic Press.
- Cometto, T., Le Meunier-FitzHugh, K., Labadie, G.J. and Roux, F., 2016. The Role of Sales and Marketing in Innovation Implementation, an Empirical Analysis in Six South American Countries. In Marketing Challenges in a Turbulent Business Environment (pp. 649-650). Springer International Publishing.
- Cotter, R.V. and Fritzsche, D.J., 2014. The business policy game.Developments in Business Simulation and Experiential Learning.
- Cummings, T. and Worley, C., 2014. Organization development and change. Cengage learning.
- Gaudillière, J.P., 2015. The Development of Scientific Marketing in the Twentieth Century: Research for Sales in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Routledge.
- Goebel, D.J., Deeter-Schmelz, D.R. and Kennedy, K.N., 2013. Effective Sales Management: What Do Sales People Think?. Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness.